|First||Previous (SECOND SCHEDULE Rules in relation to Membership and Meetings of Comhairle na nDochtuiri Leighis (The Medical Council))||Next (FOURTH SCHEDULE Primary Qualifications)|
MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS ACT, 1978
Rules in Relation to An Bord Miochaine agus Deidliachta Iarcheime (The Postgraduate Medical and Dental Board).
Tenure of Office
1. Subject to the provisions of this Schedule in relation to the filling of casual vacancies, every member of the Board shall hold office, unless he sooner dies, resigns or becomes disqualified, for a period of five years.
Resignations and Termination of Membership
2. The Minister may at any time terminate the appointment of a member of the Board.
3. A member of the Board may resign his membership by giving notice in writing signed by him to the Minister, but the resignation shall not become effective until the meeting of the Board next held after receipt of the notice of resignation.
4. Whenever a casual vacancy occurs among the members of the Board, the Board shall, with the consent of the Minister, as soon as is convenient, appoint a person to fill such vacancy and any person so appointed shall serve as a member of the Board for such period as is unexpired of the term of office of the person whom he replaces.
5. The quorum for a meeting of the Board shall be seven.
Chairman and Vice-Chairman
6. (1) The Board shall, from time to time, appoint one of the members of the Board to be Chairman of the Board and another of its members to be Vice-Chairman of the Board.
(2) A Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Board, as the case may be, shall each hold office as such for such term as may be specified by the Board at the time of his appointment unless—
(a) he ceases to be a member of the Board,
(b) he resigns the office of Chairman or Vice-Chairman, as the case may be, and his resignation becomes effective under this paragraph.
(3) A Chairman or Vice-Chairman of the Board may at any time resign his office as such by giving notice in writing signed by him to the Board, but the resignation shall not become effective until the meeting of the Board next held after the receipt by it of the notice of resignation.
Proceedings at Meetings
7. Subject to Article 5 of this Schedule, all acts of the Board and all questions coming or arising before the Board may be done and decided by a majority of such members of the Board as are present and vote in relation to the act or matter at a meeting of the Board duly convened according to law.