|Next (PART 1 Income Tax, Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax )|
Number 3 of 2008
FINANCE ACT 2008
ARRANGEMENT OF SECTIONS
Income Tax, Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax
2. Amendment of section 15 (rate of charge) of Principal Act.
6. Amendment of section 473 (allowance for rent paid by certain tenants) of Principal Act.
7. Amendment of section 244 (relief for interest paid on certain home loans) of Principal Act.
8. Amendment of section 122 (preferential loan arrangements) of Principal Act.
9. Amendment of section 467 (employed person taking care of incapacitated individual) of Principal Act.
10. Amendment of section 472C (relief for trade union subscriptions) of Principal Act.
11. Amendment of section 216A (rent-a-room relief) of Principal Act.
12. Amendment of Schedule 13 (accountable persons for purposes of Chapter 1 of Part 18) to Principal Act.
13. Amendment of Schedule 12A (approved savings-related share option schemes) to Principal Act.
14. Amendment of section 515 (excess or unauthorised shares) of Principal Act.
15. Amendment of section 657 (averaging of farm profits) of Principal Act.
16. Tax treatment of directors and employees who acquire convertible securities.
17. Amendment of section 986 (regulations) of Principal Act.
18. Amendment of tax treatment of income from certain possessions in Great Britain or Northern Ireland.
20. Restructuring and diversification aid for sugar beet growers.
22. Amendment of section 201 (exemptions and reliefs in respect of tax under section 123) of Principal Act.
23. Limitation on amount of certain reliefs used by certain high income individuals.
Income Tax, Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax
24. Amendment of Part 16 (income tax relief for investment in corporate trades — business expansion scheme and seed capital scheme) of Principal Act.
25. Amendment of section 81A (restriction of deductions for employee benefit contributions) of Principal Act.
26. Capital allowances for qualifying specialist palliative care units.
27. Mid-Shannon corridor tourism infrastructure investment scheme.
28. Capital allowances for buildings and structures in registered caravan and camping sites.
29. Amendment of restriction on property developers under certain schemes and of capital allowances for certain childcare facilities.
30. Decommissioning of fishing vessels: amendment of section 288 (balancing allowances and balancing charges) of Principal Act.
32. Amendment of section 481 (relief for investment in films) of Principal Act.
33. Amendment of section 668 (compulsory disposals of livestock) of Principal Act.
34. Amendment of Schedule 26A (donations to approved bodies, etc. ) to Principal Act.
35. Amendment of section 531 (payments to subcontractors in certain industries) of Principal Act.
36. Amendment of section 110 (securitisation) of Principal Act.
37. Equalisation reserves for credit insurance and reinsurance business of companies.
38. Amendment of section 730D (gain arising on a chargeable event) of Principal Act.
39. Amendment of Chapter 1A (investment undertakings) of Part 27 of Principal Act.
40. Amendment of section 768 (allowance for know-how) of Principal Act.
44. Amendment of Part 13 (close companies) of Principal Act.
45. Amendment of Part 24 (taxation of profits of certain mines and petroleum taxation) of Principal Act.
46. Acceleration of wear and tear allowances for certain energy-efficient equipment.
49. Amendment of Schedule 24 (relief from income tax and corporation tax by means of credit in respect of foreign tax) to Principal Act.
50. Amendment of section 766 (tax credit for research and development expenditure) of Principal Act.
51. Dividends paid in connection with disposals of shares or securities.
52. Amendment of Schedule 4 (exemption of specified non-commercial state sponsored bodies from certain tax provisions) to Principal Act.
53. Amendment of section 448 (relief from corporation tax) of Principal Act.
Capital Gains Tax
54. Amendment of Chapter 6 (transfers of business assets) of Part 19 of Principal Act.
55. Amendment of section 603A (disposal of site to child) of Principal Act.
56. Amendment of Schedule 15 (list of bodies for purposes of section 610) to Principal Act.
69. Amendment of Chapter 1 of Part 2 (consolidation and modernisation of general excise law) of Finance Act 2001.
70. Amendment of Part 2 (consolidation and modernisation of general excise law) of Finance Act 2001.
72. Amendment of Chapter 1 (mineral oil tax) of Part 2 of Finance Act 1999.
73. Amendment of section 78A (relief for small breweries) of Finance Act 2003.
77. Amendment of penalties on summary conviction for certain excise offences.
78. Amendment of section 130 (interpretation) of Finance Act 1992.
79. Amendment of section 132 (charge of excise duty) of Finance Act 1992.
80. Amendment of section 134 (permanent reliefs) of Finance Act 1992.
81. Remission or repayment in respect of vehicle registration tax on certain hybrid electric vehicles, or certain flexible fuel vehicles, or certain electric vehicles, or certain electric motorcycles.
83. Amendment of section 1 (interpretation) of Principal Act.
84. Amendment of section 2 (charge of value-added tax) of Principal Act.
85. Amendment of section 3 (supply of goods) of Principal Act.
86. Amendment of section 4 (special provisions in relation to the supply of immovable goods) of Principal Act.
87. Amendment of section 4A (person liable to pay tax in relation to certain supplies of immovable goods) of Principal Act.
89. Amendment of section 5 (supply of services) of Principal Act.
90. Amendment of section 7 (waiver of exemption) of Principal Act.
92. Amendment of section 8 (accountable persons) of Principal Act.
93. Amendment of section 10 (amount on which tax is chargeable) of Principal Act.
94. Amendment of section 12 (deduction for tax borne or paid) of Principal Act.
95. Amendment of section 12B (special scheme for means of transport supplied by taxable dealers) of Principal Act.
96. Amendment of section 12C (special scheme for agricultural machinery) of Principal Act.
97. Amendment of section 12D (adjustment of tax deductible in certain circumstances) of Principal Act.
99. Amendment of section 14 (determination of tax due by reference to cash receipts) of Principal Act.
100. Amendment of section 16 (duty to keep records) of Principal Act.
102. Amendment of section 19 (tax due and payable) of Principal Act.
103. Amendment of section 26 (penalties generally) of Principal Act.
104. Amendment of section 27 (fraudulent returns, etc.) of Principal Act.
105. Amendment of section 32 (regulations) of Principal Act.
109. Miscellaneous amendments relating to amendment of definition of taxable person.
112. Amendment of section 5 (agreement as to payment of stamp duty on instruments) of Principal Act.
113. Amendment of section 45A (aggregation of transactions) of Principal Act.
114. Amendment of section 75 (relief for intermediaries) of Principal Act.
115. Amendment of section 79 (conveyances and transfers of property between certain bodies corporate) of Principal Act.
116. Amendment of section 80 (reconstructions or amalgamations of companies) of Principal Act.
117. Amendment of section 83A (transfer of site to child) of Principal Act.
118. Amendment of section 85 (certain loan capital and securities) of Principal Act.
119. Reconstructions or amalgamations of certain investment undertakings.
122. Owner-occupier reliefs: amendment of Chapter 2 (other instruments) of Part 7 of Principal Act.
Capital Acquisitions Tax
127. Amendment of section 57 (overpayment of tax) of Principal Act.
128. Amendment of section 62 (certificate relating to registration of title based on possession) of Principal Act.
129. Amendment of section 106 (arrangements for relief from double taxation) of Principal Act.
131. Amendment of section 1003 (payment of tax by means of donation of heritage items) of Principal Act.
132. Amendment of section 1003A (payment of tax by means of donation of heritage property to Irish Heritage Trust) of Principal Act.
133. Amendment of section 891B (returns of certain payments made by certain persons) of Principal Act.
134. Questioning of suspects in Garda Sí[html]ochána custody in certain circumstances.
135. Amendment of section 818 (interpretation (Part 34)) of Principal Act.
136. Amendment of section 888 (returns etc. by lessors, lessees and agents) of Principal Act.
137. Miscellaneous amendments in relation to claims for repayment of tax.
138. Amendment of penalties on summary conviction for certain revenue offences.
140. Amendment of section 811A (transactions to avoid liability to tax: surcharge, interest and protective notifications) of Principal Act.
Amendments Consequential on Changes in Personal Tax Credits
Rates of Electricity Tax
Repeals Relating to Excise Law
Miscellaneous Amendments Relating to the Amendment of the Definition of Taxable Person
Stamp Duty on Instruments
Miscellaneous Amendments in Relation to Claims for Repayment of Tax
Provisions relating to Certain Customs Regulations
Miscellaneous Technical Amendments in Relation to Tax
Acts Referred to
Number 3 of 2008
FINANCE ACT 2008
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE IMPOSITION, REPEAL, REMISSION, ALTERATION AND REGULATION OF TAXATION, OF STAMP DUTIES AND OF DUTIES RELATING TO EXCISE AND OTHERWISE TO MAKE FURTHER PROVISION IN CONNECTION WITH FINANCE INCLUDING THE REGULATION OF CUSTOMS.
[13th March, 2008]
BE IT ENACTED BY THE OIREACHTAS AS FOLLOWS: